[LRflex] Re: The tale of RT

  • From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 18:54:56 +0100

"outed out" should read "opted out" ...

Sorry-for-the-typo Philippe

Le 25 févr. 14 à 18:02, philippe.amard a écrit :

import is possible - but can also be outed out, sort of leave them files alone ;-)

For the rest I'm not trying to sell LR to anyone.
But I'm fully satisfied with it except maybe with the fuji raws which are FAR less flexible than the D700's.

Amities to Rose and you

Philippe, Aliceless until the weekend

Le 25 févr. 14 à 00:10, David Young a écrit :

Aram,Tina & Philippe:

I probably did not give LR enough of a chance. For two reasons ... 1) I was happy with Silkypix & saw no need to change and 2) when looking for my friend, I was looking at freeware, which let LR out. But, as soon as I see "import", I tend to shy away. I've had too many experiences with software that loves to
"hide" things on the user, in the guise of simplicity.

And, Aram, I suspect you are interpreting my statement correctly.

Cheers!
David.

David. Why do you think LR does not allow you to put images anywhere
you like?  I can import to any folder I like, and it shows up right
where I want it. I can export to any folder I like and it goes there, too. And I can always see where my files are on my harddrive. I don't' see any "hiding" or "obfuscation" at all. I don't know where you got that impression, or maybe I am interpreting your statement incorrectly,
which Margie says I do often :-)

Aram

Snip
So, when I see a program, like LightRoom, which asks you to "import"
the images
into it, and then tries to hide from you where they are, I
immediately abandon any thought of ever using it.

I realize they are trying to make things simple for the user, but
for me, such obfuscation is anathema.

With RT, as with Silkypix and others, I can put my files where I
want them, be
they the raw files, sidecar files or the finished jpegs.

One sees clearly only with the heart. What is essential is invisible to the eye. Antoine de Saint Exupéry in Le Petit Prince.
NO ARCHIVE