[LRflex] Re: The "not a REAL Leica lens" 70-210 zoom

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 13:20:21 +0100

I've been a great fan of Kyocera lenses ever since the first Yashica SLR
I owned, an Electro-X, long before moving on to Leica and other stuff.
A Lynx 5000, an Electro 35 GSN, an Electro  35 GX fixed-lens RFs and a
couple of FX-D Quartz SLRs a Contax RTS, a 137MD and a whole bunch of
excellent and reasonably priced lenses still grace one of my cabinets.
Their quality is generally superb to impeccable - I often wonder why
Yashica was always treated as one of the underdogs of the camera and
lens manufacturing fraternity.

The GX is a gorgeous, extremely well engineered (has the same feel to it
as Canon A1, cool and ready for anything) little camera with a pin-sharp
1.7/40mm lens and superbly accurate automatic exposure that (almost)
fits in a jacket pocket. It even has automatic parallax correction in
its RF/VF.

Cheers
Douglas