[LRFlex] The World... I mean ultrawide, is not enough!

  • From: Jim Hemenway <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 16:34:53 -0500

Art:

I'll let you decide that yourself. Here's a comparison I did several months ago between the Arsat and the F-Distagon. Both are 30mm fisheye lenses for medium format.

http://209.197.89.228/ArsatDistagon

Thanks for telling me about that Soligor.

Jim

NATSTEK@xxxxxxx wrote:
Jim,
How is the Arsat lens? I've heard that it's very sharp and contrasty.
As far as using a fisheye on medium format, I have an old Soligor fisheye converter lens with a .15 conversion factor. This is the high dollar one with its own diaphragm that's adjustable. I have several adapters for it including bay 1 & bay 3 adapters for use on rollei twin lenses, or my Yashica mat 124G. I first mount the lens on the viewing lens, focus, and then transfer the lens to the taking lens and shoot.
With the conversion factor of .15, the 75mm camera lens becomes an 11.25.. lens! This is a circular image fisheye. I've used it on a 90mm Summicron to get a nearly full frame 13.5mm. A 100mm gives 15mm.
These are fun lenses if you can find them. They were made under several manufacturer's names, but were all high quality construction with adjustable apertures and a lens size/f-stop conversion scale so you could figure effective aperture settings for pretty much any lens that you mounted the conversion lens on to.
Art Tafil