[LRflex] Re: The Polarthon

  • From: Charlie Falke <chfalke@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 20:36:18 -0500

David Young wrote:

Yesterday was the start of our week-long Polar Carnival.

The lead-off event, is the Polarthon... a 2.5km skate, 2.5km run and a 7.5km X-country ski. Younger kids, do it as a relay team, though some go with the adults and "run" the whole course. It is run on one of the few, long-track speed skating ovals in western Canada. Carved out of Logan Lake, itself, it is a regulation 400 meter oval, as opposed to the 111 meter short-track ovals found in most ice arenas.

So we start with the skate... /(Note the wig ... most participants don't take the Polarthon too seriously...)
/
David,
  Wig or not, he's displaying fine form. :-)
Great shots, a grand day captured.  Thanks for posting it.

--
Charlie Falke                                         _____      /\
"One test result is worth                        |    |/        `o
 one thousand expert opinions" - Wernher Von Braun   0  N4003M
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein