[LRflex] The (OT) Micro

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LRflex <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 14:18:53 -0700

For reasons unclear to me, Nikon has always called their Macro lenses, "Micro"
lenses.

Recently, I picked up an old, cheap, "beater" 200/f4 "Micro-Nikkor".  The
adapter for my Oly E3 arrived, just in time for the Clinton May Ball (photos of
which have already been posted).

Between events I snapped this image of a friend (and, ugh, Canon shooter)
making some notes.  Not a great shot ... simply a test. Taken hand-held, f4,
1/500th, ISO 400.

For hand held, at 30+ meters (yards), I though it did quite well, for both
resolution and bokeh.

C&C welcomed, as always.

Thanks.
David.