[LRflex] The Macao Jetfoil with 90 Summicron APO and M8

  • From: H&ECummer <cummer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 13:54:30 +0800

From: "William B. Abbott III" <captbilly3@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [LRflex] Re: The Macao Jetfoil with the 90 Summicron APO (and M8) comp
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 19:06:31 -0700

On May 7, 2009, at 6:17 PM, H&ECummer wrote:

Reviewing the shot in photoshop I thought my 180 APO Telyt from 1965
on the D700 did an equal or better job.

Howard,

I like the M8/90 Chron shot much better, because of contrast and
coloration.

BTW, did those hydrofoils come from Hawaii?

They look like the ones we rode from Oahu to Maui in the late 1970s.

All the best,

Bill

Hi Bill,
Part of your preference may be that the M8 photo was shot on a clear kodachrome day and the D700 was shot on a smoggy day when the Guangdong factories were running. I was looking mostly at detail and was impressed with the 180 telyt APO on the D700 - especially given the age of the lens.

Sorry don't know where the jetfoils come from - but they are designed and made by Boeing. I suspect the gambling operations in Macao bought them new from Boeing.
Cheers
Howard