[LRFlex] Re: The LeiNikon Option???

  • From: "David Young" <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 13:14:10 -0700

Hi Tamislav!

As I understand the problem, the Nikon lens mount is less than 1mm closer to
the film/sensor plane than the Leica-R mount. This does not leave enough space
to make an adapter that will focus to infinity with -R mount lenses.  You can,
with a series of adapters, mount older Visoflex (short mouont) glass that will
focus to infinity, and you can mount R lenses if you wish close focus only.

To my knowledge the Canon EOS line is the only SLR that has a wide enough lens
mount, and a registration (lens flange to film/sensor plane) distance short
enough to enable successful adaptation with Leica-R lenses while maintaining
infinity focus. I understand that this may also be possible with the Olympus
E-1 system, as well.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

David.

On 09/06/2005 at 1:29 PM Tomislav Stanich wrote:

>--
> Hi:
>After  the readings of all of the people on this Site, seems that we are
>all in some transitional period of having certain Optical System and by
>trying to adjust ourselves on new upcoming technology,..
>I am owner of LEICA- R Photo Gear as well as Nikon Digital.
>Being tired of waiting 4 Laicas Digital Back-R, I was thinking of
>LEICA/Lense/- NIKON COMBO with adapter,...
>I called Stephen Gandy, adn he told me to FORGET ABOUT IT!?
>Is anyone there who knows where to get the Adapter 4 LEICA- R Lenses with
>NIKON D2Hs Body?
>Thanks in advance!
>Tomislav Stanich, Astoria , NY.
>E_ mail: tomislav@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx