[LRflex] The LUG is down

  • From: H&ECummer <cummer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 06:46:15 -0700

Hi Philippe,
Good idea about $$.
I asked Brian if I could help in any way - by providing some $$$ - and he said
he had already purchased the new server.
I think when the LUG is back up and running we should see if we can't take up a
collection to help reimburse Brian for his
expenditure. I recall that several years ago - in the film era - we all chipped
in to buy him a film M6 - as a thank you for
his contribution. The old computer caught fire and self destructed - the
software in it was 8 years old and can't be applied / adapted
to the new computer so Brian is having to make a lot of adjustments which is
taking some time.
Bests
Howard

From: H&E Cummer <cummer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [LRflex] The LUG is down
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2014 10:29:42 -0700

Hi Flexers,
I know some of you are also Luggers and might like to know that the computer
handling the LUG has packed it in and Brian is in the process of replacing it.
The LUG gallery is unaffected because it is on another computer. Brian is
working hard on getting the new computer working - newer software requires some
adaption -
and doesn't really have time to respond to a lot of emails - so I don't suggest
you send him a bunch of messages until the LUG is back up and running.
Thank goodness for Brian and his dedication, experience and skill.
Howard

Subject: [LRflex] Re: ***SPAM*** The LUG is down
From: Philippe <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2014 20:21:33 +0200

Thanks Howard

I prefer this to anything happening to Brian and family :-)

Anything we can do by way of support? I mean $£• for the new server ∑

Amities de Mutz
Philippe