[LRflex] Re: The Interview (Part one)

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 08:23:30 -0700 (PDT)

Hi David,
   a sincere thank you for sharing your images of Dr Ted's TV appearance. Quite
wonderful. Further - mega kudos for having a 1/5th of a second shot look soooo
very nice from in the 'green room'. It's plenty sharp enough to capture the
scene and communicate it comfortably and pleasingly to a viewer. I sometimes
think the challenges and efforts needed to generate the 20x30 prints many leica
lenses have in 'Potentia', makes a photographer become a little disconnected
from the realites of 'sharp enough' really being enough, sometimes. :-)
Query: What did you shoot it with? Was it a M8/9?

I ask because I've heard ancedotally that rangefinders with their lack of a
mirror 'slap' give a higher chance of 'sharp enough' shots at slower shutter
speeds versus an SLR.

Richard in (Sunny but Chilly) Michigan

- James M. Barrie