[LRflex] Re: The Image Stabilized Telyt

  • From: rsphoto's email <rsphotoimages@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 15:16:04 -0700

Another reason for certain of use to hang onto our R lenses....(like my 70-180 APO, for example...even the 28=90 ASPH, for that matter...).)

Bob

On Jul 2, 2008, at 2:19 PM, David Young wrote:

The other day, I went down to the lake, to take some photos of the kids playing on the dock, etc.

While waiting for the right scene to happen, I noticed some ducklings, with their mother. Normally, ducklings still in their yellow would be past history, by now. But we've had a very cold, very late spring, here in the hills.

Although I had the 400/6.8 Telyt with me , there was no time to set up the shoulder stock, for they were swimming out of range. Heck ... there was barely time to assemble the two lens halves! And my monopod was in the car, a good kilometer away!

Fortunately, the lens has the Russian-made Dandelion chip mounted. The FC let the camera "beep", when I had the focus right, and the Oly's in- body IS worked wonders at stabilizing the lens.

I thought the results were pretty good....

http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/ducklings.htm

Comments and criticism appreciated, as always.