[LRflex] "The GUTS CUP"

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 08:07:24 -0800

Rose alerted me to the fact that there were a bunch of guys staying
at Mile High Lodge, where she works part time, who where staging an
informal hockey tournament.  Not Pond Hockey nor "Shinny", this was
real, outdoor hockey, complete with referees.

Mind you, it was not the best behaved game, for the only brawl
involved the referee!

This was a friendly game, with penalties being served by "Chugging a
beer" (or two!).

Anyway, it was an opportunity not to be missed...  it was warm (-4C)
with a light flurry later in the day.

I've not shot sports before, and with a MF camera, it's a challenge,
let me tell you!  But I had as much fun as the rest of the guys.  :-)

Due to many requests from the players, I've posted a few pages of
photos... not all are even what I'd normally "show", publicly, but I
wanted them to see as much of their game as was practical.

If you like, the pages can be seen
here:  http://www.telyt.50megs.com/MHH_title.htm

Comments, criticism appreciated, as always.

Thanks for looking.