[LRflex] The Frankenlens...

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LRflex <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2015 15:17:23 -0700

I've been experimenting with using a bit of "Frankenlens"... a 500/8 Reflex
Nikkor and my old Leitz 2x converter on the Olympus E-M1.

On a monopod.

Because this is an f16 combination, ISO 3200 is requried, even in broad
daylight. (At least on today's broad daylight, as we cannot see the sun, for
smoke from nearby forest fires.)

This combination is only possible because a previous owner had the Nikkor
converted to a Leica "R" mount!

This shot is of a Yellow Bellied Marmot, about 2o to 22 feet away from me.
Uncropped.

Resolution is not bad, with the 500 alone, but I think it suffers with the 2x.
OTOH, how else do you get a 2000mm eFL?

The experiment is here.

http://www.furnfeather.net/Look/Marmot.html

Comments and critique, welcomed as always.

David.