[LRflex] Re: The Ex-pat... a Hommage to

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 12:29:31 -0700

Philippe wrote:

Excellent shot David,

Thank you!  :-)

just a little bit too contrasty seen from here (even your watermark is real dark), but the bird is a darling.

I think you're right. I did the final contrast adjustment with Faststone, which is not as accurate as GIMP (or Photoshop) but quick and easy. It was late, last evening, and I was tired, so I took the easy route.

Here is the contrasty version (left), with a second version (right), this time tweaked in GIMP (my favourite, new, free software).

http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/Robin3.html

Better?  Still too much contrast?

Thanks for lying down to earth for our pleasure and for sharing the view.

Hey!  I'm all in favour of lying down on the job!

Actually, I was really roughing it... I was lying down on some rather soft carpet. :-)