[LRflex] Re: The Ex-pat...

  • From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 06:15:49 -0700

David Young showed:

>> I spotted a flock of American Robins landing in my back yard,in search of
worms.

I grabbed the camera, lay down on the floor and shot through the glass
door.<<<<

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! :-) Well done and going through the glass door as well.
Excellent David! This illustrates if you put the front element as close as
possible to a window or wire fence you'll have very little if any distortion
because the glass and fencing are so close to the front element the lens
doesn't see it.

I do that shooting baseball all the time with a 400 or 800mm lens and near
wide open.

Under the circumstances David a very fine photo that you'd not likely get if
you were in the yard and lying on the grass.

ted