[LRflex] The DMR has landed (again!)

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 19:25:57 -0700

This morning, around 10:15 AM, there was a knock at our door.  I
ambled over to find a smiling gentleman handing me a rather large
box.  The return address said: "Leica, NJ".

The problem was that the DMR would not finish it's initialization,
and fail to complete the turn-on procedure.  I'd sent it away, only
to be told, a month later, that it was fine, and that I needed to
send my camera.

Since then, my worst fear has been that it would be returned with a
note "No Fault Found", and then fail again, when first turned on.  At
least that bit proved only to by my nightmare... not fact. The camera
started and performed perfectly, when first tried.   After being in
"the city" all day, I've just come home and turned it on, again.   So
far, so good.  :-)

One bit I do find frustrating is that Leica never tell you what they
found wrong.   The only reference to the work done is
"Completed".  Not terribly satisfactory.

Tomorrow, the local ATV (All Terrain Vehicle, or "Quad") club is
hosting it's annual "Poker Run". I will be there for much of the day
and do a thorough test.

Anyway, for those who have followed this ongoing saga over these many
months, I just thought I should report that all is well, even if all
is not forgiven!