[LRflex] Re: The DM-R has landed!

  • From: pwerner@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 05:56:21 +0100

David,

I am happy with you.  As an "old" (May 2005) DMR user, may I add my grain
of salt?

>The push buttons have a nice, solid feel, as do the
>rotary controls.

Be careful with the rotary controls on the back of the camera. It seems they
are not very solid and
can come off for instance if accidentally cought in a purse or a strap .
 It has never happened to me but I have read horror stories on Fred Miranda,
where most of the DMR community
is posting.

>The specialized screen has marks showing the field of view for the
>DM-R's 1.37 mag. factor. I suspect they'll be very easy to get used to.

That is indeed great, it reminds me of the M-series viewfinder. You can see
what is around
the area of exposure so you can modify your field of view, especially when
using a zoom lens.

Also, take a bit more than the field shows, items near the edge sometimes
get cut off.

I wish you good luck and success with your new toy,
Peter