[LRflex] Re: The DMR as a Collectible.

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 00:06:23 -0800

Slobodan Dimitrov wrote:

>I wonder if Leica will go down in the history books next to the
>Fotron camera company after this debacle?

Heck... Slobodan, I'm trying to keep the faith, here, but there are
so many conflicting theories/stories etc., sometimes I don't know
what to believe, myself!

I think they'll have lots of pixels, because they'll have to.  Of
course, this raises the dual specters of noise and storage.

I think they'll have FF (or very near) because they'll have to.  Of
course, that raises the specter of mis-aligned pixels (CA) at the outer edges.

I think they'll have AF, because they'll have to.  Of course, that
raises the specter of "how fast can it be", if they keep their
mechanical build quality?

I think they'll build the R10, because they've said they will  -  and
to survive, they'll have to.   But will they succeed?

Only time will tell.  But, I sure hope they don't become the next Fotron!

In the meantime, I'm going to go out an take pictures with my DMR!