[LRflex] Re: The DMR as a Collectible.

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 15:00:57 -0800

Colin  wrote:

>If Leica could get a 18-24 Mpix FF sensor with excellent low-noise
>capability at high ISOs I actually believe they would be quite good
>at specifying an excellent UI. It would be rugged, intuitive and
>beautiful. A pleasure to use.

I think this is the sort of thing to expect. If not FF, then very
close... say a 1.1 crop factor. The simplicity of the M8 (which is
simpler than the DMR) with lots (and lots!) of pixels.

>Of course, I haven't checked, but Canon and Nikon et. al. probably
>have a couple of patents on dSLR cameras - which could cause some
>wee problems...

I understand that there are no applicable patents to which the rights
cannot be bought or for which there are not reasonable work-arounds.

>And if there aren't any auto-focus lenses you can forget most of the
>pro market anyway.

I think you'll see AF in the R10.  As you point out, they have
to.  And I, for one, will be VERY surprised if they don't.

>I don't see how they can make a real pro dSLR.
>
>But I wish they would :-)

I think, and I hope, that they will surprise us.  I do know that
they're going to try!