[LRflex] Re: The Boys of Winter - again...

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 23:43:41 -0500

On Feb 3, 2013, at 9:37 AM, David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> G'mornin' fellow flexers!
>
> One more from the ice racing at Stake Lake, last weekend, using the borrowed
> Oly OM-D (E-M5) and thkle 75~300 zoom, hand-held.
>
> http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/TheBoys-3.html

Hi David,
I like the moment you captured.
I could find some criticisms about angles or d.o.f., but I'm not sure it would
be at all illuminatory- you know how to shoot these situ's way better than I do.
Your statements about the camera's inapplicability for fast action aside, the
camera & this particular lens seem like they might be some nice pieces of gear.
I wonder how much post-processing you had to do on the file to get those strong
blacks and whites?
By the way, if I am following things out of PhotoRumours correctly (no
guarantees!), Olympus is publicly promising a Pro-Spec 4/3rds body before to
long. Maybe they'll have sorted the panning issues for the evf by then cuz it
will be evf and not a reflex. They supposedly found a way to be built as both
m4/3 & 4/3 lens compatible - as in not by using a seperate mount adapter.
Thanks for Sharing
Richard