[LRflex] Re: The Bar Head

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Leica Users Group <lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 07:41:16 -0700

At 12/07/2006, Douglas Herr wrote:

> > http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/barhead_goose.htm
>
>Very cool, David.  I hope you got some full-body photos too.  BTW the
>specific epithet i.e. Indicus is not ordinarily capitalized.

G'Mornin' Doug!

A full frame, full body shot can now be found at:
http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/barhead_goose_2.htm

The vignetting you see in the lower left is not vignetting... it's a
passing Canada Goose!

Clean shots were difficult, as the Bar Heads were in the middle of a
flock of about 30 Canada Geese.  I'll go back this morning, to try
again, if they're still there.

As for " Indicus is not ordinarily capitalized"  .... what can I say?
I pilfered (cut & paste) the italicized text from a website on the
Bar Head Geese!  It's the way  bird-brains like me usually do their
research! ;-)

Personal Web-site at: http://www3.telus.net/~telyt
Limited Edition Prints at: http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/prints.htm
Leica Reflex Forum web-page:  http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/lrflex.htm