[LRflex] Re: Thanks - Coffee break pictures - N.Germany

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 07:42:30 -0800

At 14/02/2008, you wrote:
A little late, but thanks everyone for looking and your kind comments.

Almost catastrophic situation here, my PC has been playing silly tricks for a while (like tdisconnecting USB sockets at random), so I got our local computer therapist to take a look at it: his diagnosis - graphic card is on it last legs, maindrive too (but can be rescued to a new drive), access times 10 times longer than normal - the bloke says it's a ticking time bomb, and won't last more than a month or so, he took it with him and is installing all sorts of new bits and pieces - hopefully twice as fast as ever before and twice the storage space, but may take a week to finish. So now I'm condemned to working on a not so new laptop, no fun, but it keeps things running, except I have no CS or Lightroom on it, so no new pics for the time being.
Cheers
Douglas

Hi Douglas!

Hmmmm... sounds drastic (read: expensive) but I hope it all comes out, OK, in the end.

I was going to come on, this AM, and wish all a Happy Valentine's Day ... but it sounds more as if you've been to the St. Valentine's Day Massacre!

At least you're "on the air".  Pictures can wait.  (We're a patient bunch!)

Here, it's been so cold that I've taken few photos for a couple of months ... certainly nothing worth sharing! But, March is coming, and I can hardly wait! I'm getting "cabin fever"!

Good luck with your PC!