[LRFlex] Telyt's & monopods.

  • From: David Young <dnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 09:34:58 -0800

Hi Doug!

You've been telling me, for some time, to alter my home-made hard-maple grip for the 400/f6.8 Telyt to accept a QR plate. With some effort, I've tapped the bottom of the grip and inserted a 1/4-20 T-nut (the wrong way). I used 24-hr epoxy to hold it in place and it seems quite secure.

I've also made the insides of the maple look like Swiss cheese, in order to lower weight.

It's amazing how close Varathane's "Colours in Plastic" (gloss black) comes to the factory finish on the Leitz aluminum shoulder stock mount. :) Most, who have looked at it, think it's factory!

Anyway, it seems to hold the QR plate from my Manfrotto monopod just fine.

Without the extra support, I can still get good results with the s/s and 2x converter, but camera shake ruins a whole bunch of shots!

I'll report further, once I have the chance to use it. With luck, that will be this weekend.

Cheers!

David Young,     | égalité, liberté,
Victoria, CANADA | fraternité et Beaujolais.

Personal Web-site at:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr
Leica Reflex Forum web-page:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm