[LRflex] Telyt 400mm matters

  • From: "William B. Abbott III" <wbabbott3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 11:04:53 -0700

Hi all,

I have just this week acquired a 1977 model of the Telyt 400mm f/6.8
lens for use with my R9 and DMR.

I've read David Young's nice essay on adding  a hand grip to the
shoulder stock (mine needs one too) and adding an electrical shutter
release for his Canon 20D when used with his Telyt.

I now wonder if anyone has created a simple electrical release for
use with the DMR or even if such a thing is possible.

In addition, the acquisition pushes me well over the edge about the
need for a monopod and I will also welcome any notes on experience
with various makes and models anyone cares to offer.

With thanks in advance for your help and best wishes,

Bill