[LRflex] Techno-Pixel-Peeping Stuff...

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LRflex <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2013 17:14:28 -0800

A couple of nights before Christmas, we joined our son & family at the
Downstream Restaurant, in Jasper, Alberta, for some of the best Mussels I've
ever had!  Absolutely fabulous!  If you're in the area, check them out!

The Downstream is also downstairs, and as dark as the proverbial "black hole of
Calcutta".   The perfect place to try out the low-light capabilities of my new
Oly E-M1!

This shot of our grand-daughter, is neither great art, nor technically good
enough for professional work. But, for family happy snaps, it is just amazing!

Camera: Olympus E-M1
Lens: Oly 12~40/2.8 PRO zoom @ 40mm.
Exposure: 1/10th @ 2.8. ISO 12,800.

For those who don't normally use high iso's, that's equivalent to 4 seconds at
ISO 400 at f2.8. Quite dim in there ... really!

The AF did some 'hunting', but settled reasonably quickly. And, yes, we've lost
a some of the fine detail to the noise, but still...

http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/Downstream.html

C&C welcomed, as always.

David.

is active.