[LRflex] Re: Tamron lenses on R3

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 18:06:37 -0700

At 18/04/2006, you wrote:

>Note to self: take pictures with the R8 and Tamron lenses this
>weekend and post them so David will believe that _some_ adaptall 2
>adapters do work with _some_ R8 bodies! ;-)
>
>In the meantime, I can post some pictures taken with the Tamron 17mm
>and my R8. Boring, shot as a test of the functionality of the setup
>on Fuji 800 more than 4 years out of date, but still taken with this
>combination:
>http://gallery.leica-users.org/JGB-Leica-PAW-Project/lobby
>http://gallery.leica-users.org/JGB-Leica-PAW-Project/fish02
>http://gallery.leica-users.org/JGB-Leica-PAW-Project/fh
>
>This might actually be of interest to someone who would like to get a
>24mm equivalent with the DMR for a pittance (compared to the Leica
>16mm, which is a Minolta anyway)...

Gee, Juan... you shoot test photos as I do...   :-)

OK. I'm willing to believe that _some_ Adaptall 2 adapters will work
with the R8.  However, mine didn't, and so I contacted Tamron in
Japan. They cheerfully told me that their adapters were intended for
the R4 through R7 (even though they're marked R4) only,  and would
not work with the R8.  The type of bent metal 'fingers" they use are,
they said, too coarse for the R8, which has more in it, than the
earlier models.

Moreover, they told me (very politely) that because the R8 was such a
small production camera, they had no intentions of bringing out an
AD2 mount for it. :-(

I am pleased (both for you, and in general) to hear that _some_  AD2
adapters will work with the R8.  Had mine, I might have saved myself
buying the 21SA (which functions as a very nice 28mm on the
DM-R).  Yours obviously works very well, indeed!

Not sure, however, what this knowledge will do to help Reg, who needs
his to work with an R3.

Anyone?

Personal Web-site at:
        http://www3.telus.net/~telyt