[LRflex] Re: Tamron lenses on R3

  • From: NATSTEK@xxxxxxx
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 11:45:26 EDT

Hey Guy's,
Here's my two cents worth. SOME of the adaptall 2 "R" mounts work on R3's,
but those that do, will give erronious aperture readings on the R4 and up
bodies. This is due to a difference in required aperture lug spring pressures
on the
R3's and all other R bodies. This is what I was told many years ago by the
folks at Tamron. I have found this to be true though. (I think that they just
wanted to sell more adaptall mounts though). I remember having 3 or 4 different
R mounts for my Tamron lenses and R3 MOT & R4 & up bodies though. It is a
trial & error thing though. I inscribed the mounts with an R3 marking for those
that worked with the R3 body.

Hope this helps,

Art Tafil