[LRflex] Re: Tamron lenses on R3

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 08:30:56 -0700

At 18/04/2006, you wrote:

>Anyone know if the Tamron AD2 adaptor should work on the R3? I've tried
>it on mine and it fits but the aperture follow action doesn't seem
>reliable. Thanks for any advice.
>
>Reg

Hi Reg!

The only AD2 Adapter Tamron ever made was specifically marked for the
R4. From experience, I found it worked on the R4,5 & 6.  I'm told it
works on the R6.2 (makes sense!) and the R7.  It definitely does NOT
work on the R8 or R9.  Sorry, but by the time I got my Tamron 24/2.8
(which I rather liked)  I'd already sold my R3.

I know this likely doesn't help, but it was the best I can do!

Personal Web-site at:
        http://www3.telus.net/~telyt

Limited Edition Prints at:
        http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/prints.htm