[LRFlex] Re: Tamron and the SL2

  • From: David Young <dnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 14:28:36 -0700

Douglas said:

I have heard, and David mentioned too , that there was an SL/SL2 Adapter from Tamron.
I've never seen one but would buy one if I found it. I only quoted the instruction sheet about
non-compatibility with the R3, if someone can assure me that it works with this body I'll try it,
until I hear that, my , more or less mint condition, R3 Mot Electronic will have do do without Tamron assistance.

Hi Douglas!

Alex Hurst, of this list, has one the third cam Tamron fittings and also an R3-Mot (his only Leica reflex). I understand, from him, that they work together just fine. Certainly, though listed in the instructions as being only for the R4, I've used one with great success on the R5 & R6 and know of those who have used them on the R7.

Alex's account is on Vacation Mode just now, as he is on holidays in Austria. I will forward him a copy of this note, asking him to confirm the usability of the 3rd cam adapter on the R3-Mot. Fair Enough? However, we shouldn't expect an answer until near months end.

Sorry I cannot answer your query from first hand knowledge, but I sold my R3-Mot before I bought my first Tamron!

Cheers!

David Young,     | égalité, liberté,
Victoria, CANADA | fraternité et Beaujolais.

Personal Web-site at:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr
Leica Reflex Forum web-page:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm