[LRFlex] Re: Tamron and the SL2

  • From: "Douglas M. Sharp" <DouglasMSharp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 22:25:17 +0200

Hi Xavier,
I have heard, and David mentioned too , that there was an SL/SL2 Adapter from Tamron.
I've never seen one but would buy one if I found it. I only quoted the instruction sheet about
non-compatibility with the R3, if someone can assure me that it works with this body I'll try it,
until I hear that, my , more or less mint condition, R3 Mot Electronic will have do do without Tamron assistance.
At the moment it works perfectly and I want to keep it that way.
BTW the problem with my R7 was, thank Dieu, only
the motor drive, the camera alone is still working and still functions with the winderattached.

Douglas

Bille Xavier F. schrieb:

Douglas,

The current adapter is II, adaptall. It works from R3 to R7, 3 Cams no Rom.

I don't know if Tamron made the 2 cams Adapter. Obviously you mention two models.

Cheers.

Xavier F. BILLE
Maisons-Alfort - France.

From: Douglas Herr <telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LRFlex] Tamron and the SL2
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 08:51:10 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

A friend has just purchased his first Leicaflex, an SL2. He's been using a couple of Tamron zooms on his C*non FTb and until he decides which R lenses to use he'd at least like to use the SL2 with the Tamron lenses.

My question is: what kind of mounts adapter should he look for? My understanding is that Tamron has made a few different interchangable mounts (adaptall? adaptall 2?) for their lenses. How can he tell what mount system his present lenses use?

Ihre bevorzugten Shops, hilfreiche Einkaufs-Hilfen und großartige Geschenk Ideen. Erleben Sie das Vergnügen online einzukaufen mit Shop@Netscape! http://shopping.netscape.de/shopping/