[LRFlex] Tamron and the SL2

  • From: Douglas Herr <telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 08:51:10 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

A friend has just purchased his first Leicaflex, an SL2.  He's been using a
couple of Tamron zooms on his C*non FTb and until he decides which R lenses to
use he'd at least like to use the SL2 with the Tamron lenses.

My question is: what kind of mounts adapter should he look for?  My
understanding is that Tamron has made a few different interchangable mounts
(adaptall? adaptall 2?) for their lenses.  How can he tell what mount system
his present lenses use?

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com