[LRflex] Re: Tall Ships

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 17:19:30 +0200

Hello David,
that is what annoys me about tall ships races, they set their sails when
they're about a mile off shore.
I could have done with your telephoto set-up and a heavy tripod combined
with air as clear as on a frosty day to get anything like a "sailing" ship.
As it is they all come in under engine power
On one of the shots there is the tiniest white spot, which, when
enlarged, is vaguely recognisable as a tall ship in full sail, but it's
so far away that the hull is below the horizon.
Such is life - sigh
Douglas