[LRflex] TIME MAGAZINE COVER and a photography!.

  • From: <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 15:30:29 -0700

we should online about photography never discuss religion, politics and the
beliefs of some folks.

HOWEVER!

Look at this as the story telling ability of photography and the foolishness
and stupidity of politics! Religion? Yea well it's in there in it's fashion
also.

Given the story of a young 18 year old Afghan woman having her ears and nose
cut off by her husband on the orders of a Taliban or IMAM, I'm not sure we
should see these kinds of... "War - political - Religion - custom - a message
to the women of a nation" type pictures ? But then it is quite distinctly story
telling!

I know our Nations are there to help make it better???????????? Really? And
this kind of thing continues as we speak! Oh sorry it is about the photograph?
Does it or will it shock the readers and politicians to understand this kind of
disfigurement has gone on for 5000 years and when we all finally
leave.............. it will continue for another 5000 years!

But without question this is one hell of a story telling photograph! Certainly
one I can quite honestly say... "I'm glad I didn't shoot it!"

Dr. ted

tedgrantphoto.com