[LRflex] Re: TECH: Questions on quality and taste.

  • From: BanacloJ <banacloj@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 13:00:34 -0500

Philippe,
Regarding the first one, I never try to correct verticals completely
(many times I do not correct them at all). There may be a "set-in-
stone" rule about this, but I think if it is your picture , you do
with it what you like. If the vanishing lines don't bother you, don't
touch them.

The second is an example, I am afraid, of the viewfinder not showing
100% of the frame, and the "cropping" not being uniform. Grab your
camera, and make a few experiments and you will see what I mean: the
viewfinder on my Nikon D50 shows the horizon tilted and crops more on
the right than on the left. After practicing a bit, one can get a
feeling for it-- and the ability to check immediately what you get
helps to shoot it "properly" right away.

(In fact, I think these are the is the only possible explanations:
either you were badly mistaken or the viewfinder was not showing you
all there was to see).

Juan