[LRflex] Surgery went well

  • From: Aram Langhans <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Leica Users Group <lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 23:33:04 -0700

At 95 years young, my father-in-law's surgery to correct his hiatal hernia went well.  He is recovering way faster than the surgeon had said.  He is amazed.

The day of the surgery he looked like death warmed over and was in tremendous pain.  It was hard to watch him as he grimaced in pain every few minutes.  A long rough night.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/misc/m/After+Surgery-2628.jpg.html

But two days after and the pain was well under control. Day 3 he was out of ICU and today, day 4 they moved him to a rehab facility.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/misc/m/Day+4+moving-2636.jpg.html

Originally they had said 4-6 weeks rehab, but now they say 7-10 days, but I don't think he will be there that long.  He is a tough old bird.  Before this problem he lives alone, still drives, pulls his 5th wheel when we go camping, hikes to Vernal Falls in Yosemite, and hauls his D600 all over the place.  We have reservations for the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta again this October and Yosemite at the end of that month.  Looking forward to many good hikes and camping outings to come.

Comments welcome.

Aram

------
Unsubscribe or change to/from Digest Mode at:
  http://lrflex.furnfeather.ca/
Archives are at: