[LRflex] Sunday Walks

  • From: "Christopher Birchenhall" <crbirchenhall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 14:04:22 +0100

LFlexers

Last week we went for our standard Sunday walk and I took my R9 with
60mm, 100mm Apo and 180 f3.4 Apo. Took me a few days to get the films
processed - have been having problems with some of the local
processing houses but all went well with these two films. Must say the
whole experience was very positive and reminded me of the quality of
the glass and the adequacy of film despite its lack of instance
feedback.

Anyway can I request comments - which of these two would you prefer?

With Bee?

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/crb/_foxglove_01.jpg.html
http://tinyurl.com/5lnjnj

without Bee?

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/crb/_foxglove_02.jpg.html
http://tinyurl.com/6zyg7u

I just had to print the following - can a sheep be good looking?

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/crb/_sheep.jpg.html
http://tinyurl.com/6d2cyc

Before seeing my A4 prints from that walk I was wondering if it was
time to abandon my R system as I have a Nikon D3 and have been very
impressed with the camera, but that Leica glass? Yesterday I decided
to take the same walk with the D3. That foxglove had lost a lot of its
flowers so the comparison shot is not a good one but still the quality
is pretty good

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/crb/_foxglove_03.jpg.html
http://tinyurl.com/5r6k9b

Another close up is

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/crb/_winged_seed.jpg.html
http://tinyurl.com/6ylqj5

Here is one where the A4 print is superb

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/crb/_sainty.jpg.html
http://tinyurl.com/6cr5uu

So my dilemma remains - Doug has suggested there maybe the option of
converting Leica glass to Nikon mounts - now that would sort me out!
In the meantime, each time I go out I will have to choose. Not that I
am complaining.

Chris B