[LRflex] Re: Summicron lens on Oly problem...

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 17:38:09 -0700

Bill wrote:

Both my 35mm 1.4 and 19mm 2.8 have a 360 degree "guard" of the same
diameter as the arc on my 50mm 2.0, so they would apparently interfere.

If it matches the diameter (and height) of the 50 Summicron, then I suspect you are right. If it's a wee bit shorter, it might be OK, as the 50 "almost" focuses to infinity. (Certainly, with the non-focus confirm adapter, there is no problem with any of the lenses.

My 21-35mm and 35-70mm zooms also have a 360 degree guard but they are
only 32mm o.d. (approximately) versus the 36mm o.d. (approximately of
the rings on the 35mm and 19mm, so they may miss the chip.

Can't seem to find my millimeter rule, but a 2mm difference might just do it. I'll report back.

Sorry I don't have an E-3 and chip to try them on.

'S-OK. If even half of those here, are kind enough to take a few minutes and look at the Leica lenses they own, we can compile a pretty good list of what will and/or won't work

Thanks, Bill!