[LRflex] Re: Summicron lens on FourThirds (Revisited)

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 10:46:44 -0700

Steve Barbour asked:

Good Mornin', Xavier!

I have written the chap who is the German agent for the Russian
Dandelion chip.  From the illustrations, it appears that the
Dandelion chip protrudes less into the "throat" of the adapters, and
thus "may" allow the lip or guard that is found on the back of many
Leica lenses

which ones please David?

I don't yet know, Steve. That's why I'm asking list members(that includes you, Steve!) to write me, advising which of their lenses have a "lip" or "guard" at the rear, similar to those shown at:

http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/lip.htm
http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/clearance/Summlux_50.jpg
and
<http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/clearance/Summicron_35.jpg>http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/clearance/Summicron_35.jpg

I never did have a large collection of Leica lenses, so I need the input of others, to compile a list of what may and may not be compatible with these FC chips.

Thanks.
David.