[LRflex] Re: Summicron 50mm take apart?

  • From: Doug Herr <wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 09:16:10 -0400 (EDT)

Richard Ward wrote:

If you're loving the Manual Focus glass, I highly reccomend going with a
replacement screen and will 100% do so myself, but I know what I'd gain, what
I'd be using, how to use it, and the effects of losing the built in screen. ie:
the etched af focus marks of the factory one (and if your's light up, they
won't light up anymore). There can also be a need to compensate for certain
metering problems - so I hear.
<<<

You might also need to compensate for cost-cutting in the mirror box.  Canon
sells shims in a variety of thicknesses intended for critical viewscreen
adjustment.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com