[LRflex] Re: Summicron 50mm take apart?

  • From: "Aram Langhans" <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 17:43:30 -0700

I don't think the extender does any magnification.  In fact, it reduces the
magnification.  On a full frame camera that is no big deal.  On a crop format
camera it is. It is hard enough to see the viewfinder as is, but by reducing it
even further, I would think it would make it much harder to focus.  My friend
with the 5Dm2 has one.  It lets him see the full frame with his glasses.  As I
stated previously, when he tried my Nikon magnifier, he could not see the full
frame with his glasses.  I did not try his extender on my Rebel.

Read the reviews at:
http://www.amazon.com/Canon-EP-EX15-Eyepiece-Extender-Cameras/dp/B0000AQI9E

Look around on Google.  The purpose is for eyeglass users to see the whole
viewfinder.  It reduces the image by 30%, so if you are looking for a focusing
aid, this is not what you want.

Aram