[LRflex] Summarex (was Irish Garden)

  • From: Alex Hurst <corkflor@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2016 14:14:23 +0000

Andy wrote:

Firstly Alex
Wonderful find on you part. Congrats on your good fortune.

Yep - my Cork dealer had collected some nice stuff, but it nearly all needed the attention of my English Leica wizard to bring it up to snuff.

BTW, I have actually seen the wartime black version - a guy in Wetzlar from Leica Historica (?) brought one along. By no means pristine, but he assured me the optics were fine.

Looking at the results the lens is no dog in any sense and your shots are outstanding

Thank you, kind sir.

If I may borrow Dr Ted's words "good on you sir"

I must shoot more from the shadow side... :-)

Best

Alex

 > On Mar 25, 2016, at 4:25 AM, Alex Hurst <corkflor@xxxxxx> wrote:

 Bill wrote:

That's a wonderful story which I enjoyed very much. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Back in 1973 my dad left me two screw mount lenses (and an M4) so your story brought back some nice memories of them.

If you liked that story, you might also like this one about my discovery of a lovely 85/1.5 Summarex lens:

 > http://www.iol.ie/~corkflor/summarex1.html

I'm enjoying getting reacquainted with my LTM Leicas. The only concession to modernity is that I prefer to use auxiliary 50mm finders rather than squint through the camera peephole.

There is an 85mm finder for the Summarex, but they're horrendously expensive as they're a collector's item. I use a 90mm, which does the job just fine.

 Best.

 Alex
 > --
 Alex & Carmel Hurst
 Waterfall
 > Near Cork
 Ireland

 Tel: +353 21 454 3328
 Mobile: +353 87 245 7048 (A)
 +353 87 988 9927 (C)

 email: corkflor@xxxxxx (for either of us)
 email while travelling: <corkflor@xxxxxxxxx>
 Carmel McCarthy <carmelmac48@xxxxxxxxx> (for Carmel personally)

 Photo Gallery at: http://corkflor.smugmug.com
 ------
 Unsubscribe or change to/from Digest Mode at:
  http://www.lrflex.furnfeather.net/
 Archives are at: