[LRflex] Re: Straps

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 15:08:50 -0800

> I like the canvas ones from Domke.  They have some anti twist hardware
> on them that I find handy and they seem less prone to twist.  I wood
> like to try one of the several nice leather ones for my Leicas (no good
> reason) I have fairly bouncy ones for my violin and viola cases, they
> seem to make them feel lighter.  On a non Leicafle ing I just got a
> really nice Nikon F5 and 35mm f2.0 lens in the mail today.  What a
> magnificent beast!  It will join my F's and F2.  I guess I will have to
> have an F3 and an F4 now.  At less than $400.00 US D for an EX+
> condition body I just had to try one.  When they were new I could never
> of had one.  Since I have a strange devotion to Tri-X and D76 it works
> just fine for me :-)

Hi Dwight!

As long as you can get Tri-X and D76, go for it!:-)

I have a friend who has stockpiled enough chemicals to make his own developers,
and who has an entire freezer full of bulk Kodak whatever the movie equivalent
of Tri-X is) ... enough (literally) to last a lifetime.  So long as he can get
his Leica's serviced, and distilled water for his developer, he's set!

All it takes is a little dedication.  (But, frankly, more than I have!)

David.

is active.