[LRflex] Re: Sticky DMR Set button

  • From: Gary E <ge_crocus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Leica Reflex <LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 06:14:28 -0700 (PDT)

Jonathan,

Never spray or squirt fluids towards any camera.  It tends to get in areas you
don't want it to go to, and the surface might not like it.  Instead, spray the
WD40 into a film canister and then use a toothpick or pin to apply the solvent.
 You'll find this way is more precise than the tube on the WD40.

Good luck,
Gary E

------------------------------
From: Jonathan Lee <jlee@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [LRflex] Sticky DMR Set button
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 14:24:42 -0400

Can you believe this! One week after my DMR warranty expires the SET
button on the dial is starting to stick.  Has this happened to
anyone?  I thought about squirting some WD40 into the dial but I
haven't done this yet.  Also I could take the think the I could take
the dial apart and relube everything inside.  Anyone tried this?

Thanks

Jonathan