[LRflex] Re: Standard R Lenses and Extenders

  • From: NATSTEK@xxxxxxx
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 20:51:25 EDT

Tom,

The creative flash system sells for just about what it did when new even now,
but it is multi-dedicated. There is a switch on the main, shoe-mounted unit
for Ca (Canon), Ni (Nikon), Me (Minolta & it also works on most R's as well),
Ol, (Olympus), Px, (Pentax) and std for plain hot shoes. All the dedication
does is sets the proper flash sync speed for each manufacturer's camera bodies.

If you have an R8~9, even TTL, SCA351 flashes won't even set the shutter
speeds on the bodies, but they will show the proper flash charged indicator.
When
I had my R8, I used the pre-flash function on the body and set the aperture
and shutter speed by the viewfinder bar-graph to zero it in. It's a pain but
what else is there? Or so I thought. The twin-head Hasselblad macro-flash made
by
Metz will hook-up to the SCA351 module and maybe, with the proper
SCA300-to-3000 series adapter cable, it may be able to utilize the SCA
3501~3502
Modules?????? Has anyone tried this yet?? I'm stretching the envelope here
guy's. A
friend of mine loaned me his Hassy, Macro-flash and it worked perfectly with an
R5, R6.2 & an R7 that I had. I found out that this flash has a combined guide
number of somewhere in the neighborhood of 98 or so (ISO) and that's pretty
overpowering! you may need to use ND-4 gel filters on the heads for close-up
work, that's what I finally did and at about 8" & f/11, it worked out pretty
much
right on.

Hope this helps.

Art Tafil