[LRflex] Re: Stabilizer

  • From: Douglas Herr <telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 18:08:44 -0500 (EST)

Gary Pinkerton <gpinkcp@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> back when I had my 400 6.8 [may have to get another one some day]
> I took a spare stabilizer pin [the little pin out front on the shoulder
> support/lens mount] from a Leica shoulder
> support, drilled a little hole in my old Tiltall mount,  pushed the pin
> through and then glued the heck out of it.
> Works great with the 6.8, the 250 last version, or others with the pin
> receptacle.

Now that is a kewl idea!!!  The ultimate development of this idea would be to
make the pin spring-loaded so that lenses with the pin receptacle could use it,
stuff that interferes with it just pushes it down flush with the 'pod's
platform.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com