[LRflex] Soon, they will invent the butter knife!

  • From: Bille Xavier F. <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 08:31:00 +0100

Good Day Flexers. Today, Friday, yesterday was a bank holiday but no feel to
"walk out" the digilux. This morning, just out of pure boredom, I came across
this article:
http://www.fujix-forum.com/index.php?/topic/6316-your-x-pro1-may-be-lying-to-you/
 Behind the title worth a Tabloid Front page is the very fine photography
evidence: A reflectance value depends on the material. In other words, take a
picture of a black cat and a white dog at the same place, your photog studio
and your camera yields different parameters. All can be corrected by post
processing? Well, more or less. At the time of the R7, using the spot metering,
a little scale in the viewfinder gave directly the + or - EV. Given the
latitude of the film you expose, you can decide what are the parameters. It's
more or less a simplified application of the Zone system by Ansel Adams. Today,
with the Digilux3, this function exists but i's a bit odd. It seems not to be
too reactive when the camera is moved around. May be because the shutter button
is associated to AFL/AEL. Investigation to come, I'll tell you :) On the
compact LX5 by Panasonic, it's even stranger if you chhose the Auto Iso, change
the aperture and speed, the "needle" shows always a perfect exposure (it's
among the favorite techniques of street photogs using the Fuji X100 like ZAK, a
funny guy, on youtube, you should discover his trip to Mumbai, hilarious).
However, the 4/3 sensor being like a "slide film" with a "limited" latitude,
the multi metering is probably a cool method to have nice picture. I tell you,
the next step is the butter knife of the luke warm water with a Fuji X PRO1 (A
nice camera, BTW). Have a nice day!

From : Xavier F. BILLE
mail : hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx
Maisons Alfort - France