[LRflex] Re: Some pics from La Palma

  • From: Charlie Falke <chfalke@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 21:10:30 -0400

Marc Dufour wrote:
Charlie,
I'm glad you like these ones. I enjoyed a lot, there, in long excursions, and trying to cach something of this splendid nature.
I shall post more pics about vegetation and landscapes.
Meanwhile, my congrats for your aircraft eye ;-)
Best regards,
Marc
Marc,
  Looking forward to more from La Palma.
  No eye credit deserved, you had already said it was
an ATR-72. They make those airplanes at Toulouse/Blagnac, where they
also make the Airbuses that I've spent a lot of pleasant
time flight testing their electronic engine controls. There were never fewer than a dozen of them on the ramp.
  The ATR is an important airplane for us,
notwithstanding the miserable economy they have a 7 year
order backlog.  The six swept composite blades make it
much quieter then the older props with 4 straight blades,
at some expense in efficiency.
  Even though they have the old Hamilton logo, they are
all made by Ratier Figeac, who we bought some time ago.
All the civil propeller business is moving there. We also make the propeller for the Airbus A400M military
transport, also in Figeac, but for obvious reasons, those
say "Ratier Figeac" on the blades.
  What's in a name? :-)

--
Charlie Falke                                         _____      /\
"One test result is worth                        |    |/        `o
 one thousand expert opinions" - Wernher Von Braun   0  N4003M
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein