[LRflex] Re: Some panoramas from the trip

  • From: William B. Abbott III <wbabbott3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 18:29:26 -0700

Aram,

Your lovely panoramic pix inspired me to try the newer panorama routine in Photoshop CS3, and it is indeed a marvelous piece of programming, simpler to use than the older one.

Here is panorama I made from five frames, taken in haste as an after thought, with an M8 and a 28mm f/2 lens, when our small tour bus stopped for a look-see on the coast road about 40 miles west of Galway.

All five frames were made with the same exposure (I remembered to do that much!) and the dark streak is an artifact of the cloud formations that day. May have been a front headed north or south.

I used a Layer>New Adjustment Layer to correct the exposure of the panorama and, after saving the image, I used the Image>Adjustment >Shadow/Highlight function to lighten and reveal the detail in the shadows, i.e., in the land mass.

Panoramic images seem to me to be an art form in their own right and I can see that there is a lot to learn!

Go to

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/wbabbott3/

Comments and are welcome.

All the best,

Bill

On Jul 6, 2008, at 3:16 PM, AramLanghans wrote:

Shoshone falls in Twin Falls, ID
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/yellowstone/shoshone_falls_panorama.jpg.html

Craters of the Moon view from Inferno Cone
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/yellowstone/craters_of_the_moon_inferno_cone_pano.jpg.html

A fence in the Grand Tetons
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/yellowstone/teton_fence_2.jpg.html

A barn in the Grand Tetons
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/yellowstone/ teton_barn_2.jpg.html

All shots were with Rebel XTi and either a Sigma zoom or the Leica 25-70/4 zoom. Panos made with Photoshop CS3 Photostitch from RAW files.

Comments welcome

Aram

Checked by AVG.