[LRflex] Re: Some benches along the way

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 14:40:13 -0700

It's amazing, Aram, how a simple idea can turn into both a series of images and
a key to better photography.

I always teach my students that they need a hobby. One that gives them a
reason to see, rather than just look. They need to find something that
interests them, to shoot. For it does not matter whether we are looking for
brass door knockers, old broken windows or public benches to photograph. Along
the way, as we look for these things, we see so many other photo opportunities
that we would otherwise miss. For, as you know, too often we look, but we do
not see.

It is a nice series and I can only think of the view from the bench at Devil's
Churn. Still, I think I agree with you, that, photographically, the bench by
the lamp standard at the Hearst Castle is the best of the bunch.

Thanks for sharing.

David.

Found a few on our trip up and down the California coast
this Spring. Here is the collection of 6 of them. File name tells
where they were.

I'll start you out with perhaps my favorite, but tell me
which you like best.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/misc/b/Hearst+Castle+Evening-6499.jpg.html

View Large. Comments welcome.

Aram