[LRflex] Re: Some Irish garden shots from an 89 year-old Leica...

  • From: Alex Hurst <corkflor@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2016 09:25:38 +0000

Bill wrote:

That's a wonderful story which I enjoyed very much. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Back in 1973 my dad left me two screw mount lenses (and an M4) so your story brought back some nice memories of them.

If you liked that story, you might also like this one about my discovery of a lovely 85/1.5 Summarex lens:

http://www.iol.ie/~corkflor/summarex1.html

I'm enjoying getting reacquainted with my LTM Leicas. The only concession to modernity is that I prefer to use auxiliary 50mm finders rather than squint through the camera peephole.

There is an 85mm finder for the Summarex, but they're horrendously expensive as they're a collector's item. I use a 90mm, which does the job just fine.

Best.

Alex
--
Alex & Carmel Hurst
Waterfall

Tel: +353 21 454 3328
Mobile: +353 87 245 7048 (A)
+353 87 988 9927 (C)

email: corkflor@xxxxxx (for either of us)
email while travelling: <corkflor@xxxxxxxxx>
Carmel McCarthy <carmelmac48@xxxxxxxxx> (for Carmel personally)

Photo Gallery at: http://corkflor.smugmug.com
------
Unsubscribe or change to/from Digest Mode at:
  http://www.lrflex.furnfeather.net/
Archives are at: