[LRflex] Re: Some February Flowers/White flowers-white background.

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 10:17:19 +0100

Philippe,
totally different from Aram's beautifully ethereal white flower shot - excellent stuff Aram, but white against white does work in a table-top studio setting: A couple from a series I shot quite some time ago - The trick is to separate the flower from the background and then fill the background with 'soft light' in PS and let it overflow into the flowers around the edges, keeping it soft and sharp at the same time( a contradiction in terms, but the pictures show what I mean).
If you overdo it, it looks like this:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/New-Old-Pictures/album150/Crocus_1.jpg.html
otherwise like these
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/New-Old-Pictures/album150/Spray_1.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/New-Old-Pictures/album150/Lisianthus_captioned.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/New-Old-Pictures/album150/Calla_4.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/New-Old-Pictures/album150/Calla_3.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/New-Old-Pictures/album150/Calla_2.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/New-Old-Pictures/album150/Calla_1.jpg.html
Cheers
Douglas

Philippe AMARD wrote:
Thanks for sharing the whole series Aram.

My favourite is at  :
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/winter07/whites/soft-pistel_MG_3075.jpg.html>

Shooting white flowers and keeping an idea of volume I find very difficult - and this shot is also vapourous and luminous, hence my choice.

thanks again
phx

Aram Langhans wrote:

Snow outside, but some paper white bulbs we bought are finally blooming:
http://tinyurl.com/2llyeg

Put the 100 APO 1:1 on the Rebel and took a few real close-up shots. Not cropped, ISO 100

http://tinyurl.com/2orqsw   is the full album.

Comments welcome

Aram
Checked by AVG Free Edition.